Do you know the relationship between uncertainty, change, anxiety and coaching?
Before I start explaining the relationship among all these four concepts. I would like to ask you a question.
How do you deal with change?
How do you feel when you feel the uncertainty in your life?
When you feel the lack of stability or the lack of control in your life, do you start overthinking?
Do you start feeling any anxiety symptoms?
Do you feel nervous or restless? Tired or weak?
Do you experience a sense of danger or panic?
Does your heart rate increase?
Do you have problems sleeping?
Do you notice a change in your appetite pattern?
Do you have problems concentrating? Or do you overthink?
If your answer is yes to any of those questions. Don’t worry, it’s normal. Your first reaction is completely normal, since our brain it is prone to react negatively to change and believe it or not, our brain will work hard to prevent the change.
“Our brain, it’s prone to react negatively to change”
You have to know that our brain hates changes. Our brain hates uncertainty. Our brain is programmed to maintain stability. To maintain the survival instinct that have made us evolve until today. So, any single fact that takes us out of our comfort zone, every single thing that brings instability to our lives, it is going to create a negative response from our reptilian brain. Our brain is going to deny any new reality and will try to block it to turn true. Since it does not want to leave the certainty and comfort of its current reality.
So, when we suffer a change in our environment, in our social life, in our working area, in our love, family or emotional life, our brain will feel threatened its sense of stability, it will resist as much as possible.
Barriers to change
Which barriers can we face towards change?
- A lot of excuses will just show up for you to believe you cannot handle the change.
- You will start designing terrifying scenarios that will prevent you from changing
- You will not react to change, hiding like a turtle in its shell.
- Over analysis:
- You will be so busy analyzing all possible options that you will not take any action that will drive you towards the new reality
- Other’s opinions:
- You might face others barriers to change. Did you ever feel discouraged by your loved ones, when you shared a new project or a new vital decision with them? Did you ever get a negative response or perspective when you verbalized a change you were willing to take? Unconsciously, your friends, family or love ones, are preventing you from changing, projecting you with their fears. Because unconsciously, what they really want for us is security. If there is something that we know the change brings is instability, specially at the beginning, and what they really want for us is security.
- Keep control:
- Needing to always keep the control and the uncertainty of change are incompatible. Our inner perfectionism feels unsecure when cannot keep the control, and it is not able to adapt to a new situation in a fast way.
- Always focusing on the negative consequences of this change may prevent you from acting. If there is something we have learned from life, is that every single thing, has its positive and its negative side. Identifying both sides of the situation is key to take the best decision towards change.
- Energy consumption:
- The changes and the process of the adaptation that produces consumes a lot of our energy. And our brain is programmed to save energy. It’s going to fight against it, so it’s going to procrastinate, It’s going to look for excuses, and try hard to avoid the change
Does all this sound familiar?
Did you ever experience any of the barriers mentioned before when a sustainable change appeared in your life?
Can you recognize yourself making up excuses? Or denying the new reality and hiding like a turtle in its shell? Or only focusing on the negative side of the news that were coming to your life?
Having talked about what uncertainty brings, how our brain reacts to change and how anxiety symptoms may show up in our body when we feel the instability inherent in the changes, I would like to propose you a solution to deal with all the consequences of change. It is called a coaching process.
How can i prepare myself to feel comfortable with uncertainty, its anxiety and face change
Through the coaching process, you’re going to learn the tools that you need to identify all these mental barriers that your brain is going to build up.
Coaching for change will:
- Identify all the barriers you create towards change
- Identify the emotions and feelings resulting from uncertainty, change and anxiety
- emotion such as denial sadness, anger, frustration…
- Help you out to accept them
- Help you understand the cause of your anxiety and will help you deal with it
- Explore the reasons why they appear and how to handle them
- Allow you to build up your self-awareness
- Identify the resources and the options that you have to face this change.
- Build a positive approach towards change
- Teach you how to learn from this change, what positive opportunities might bring you to your life,
- Modify your mindset towards change, so you flow with it
- Build your flexibility towards change
- Increase your Resilience
- Open your mind to see the opportunities change brings
- Increase your creativity to find new solutions towards the changing situation and its consequences
- Build your courage to face the uncertainty and live with it
- Prevent your mind against building up your barriers towards change
- Train you to live in a century were to be outside your comfort zone It’s going to be the new reality.
We live in a time when changes go so fast, that being able to adapt efficiently to changes is going to be key to survive. But before, we need to learn how to do it.
Do you dare to start dealing with change?
So now that we have talked about the relationship between coaching, uncertainty, anxiety and change, how all these resonate to you?
How are you going to face change, now that you know a bit more?
In case you would like to go deeper, here I am to help you out.
This is the right website for anybody who wants to find out about this topic. You understand a whole lot its almost tough to argue with you (not that I personally would want toÖHaHa). You definitely put a new spin on a topic which has been written about for years. Excellent stuff, just excellent!
Thanks for your words! I am glad it helped to get you a new perspective on the topic. For me, our mind is also fascinating and the more you know how it works, the more you want to know. Knowledge is empowering.
Very nice write-up. I definitely appreciate this site. Thanks!
Thank you very much!
Once we know how to deal with change and uncertainty, our anxiety levels improve. Stayed tunned for more information
I didn’t know that.
Our mind is like a super computer, once you know how it works it is much easier to change our mental patterns
Why is it I always really feel like you do?
When talking about emotions we all feel them the same
Right on my man!
What relates you better?
Thanks for your comments
What other topic related to this post would you like to know about?
Right on my man!
I don’t feel like anything will take my anxiety away 😔 I’m sick of my panic attacks stopping me from doing things and giving my children the life they deserve! 28 years of panic attacks and nothings helped 😔
Thank you very much for sharing your anxiety with us. Stacey have you ever studied how anxiety works and what are its main contributor factors?
Understanding this is very useful when unlearning the coping skills that help your anxiety to grow.
Why do not you join our free 7 days training?
We are starting on June 13th and you just have to register in http://www.coachingwithchange.com/join.
I am sure you will learn new things about your anxiety that will help you understand and change certain worrying patterns.
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you need extra help.
I having very bad anxiety at the moment, no idea what is causing it, I desperately want it to stop
Thanks for your message.
Unfortunately, Anxiety doesn’t fix by itself. You need to know how to do it.
I will suggest you to book a free phone so I can explain you what you need to do in order to control it.
You will find how to do it in the contact section of my web. https://www.coachingwithchange.com/contact/
A fascinating discussion is worth comment. I do think that you ought to publish more about this issue, it may not be a taboo matter but typically folks dont speak about such topics. To the next! Cheers!!
Very nice article. I definitely love this site. Thanks!
You are really kind!
Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any help.
Life it is too short to waste it suffering with something you can learn to master.
This is a topic close to my heart cheers, where are your contact details though?
You can contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or via DM in instagram or Tiktok @marta.raga
Please do not hesitate to write me if I can help you out to manage what you are going through.
Life it is too short to waste it suffering with something you can learn to master.
Itís hard to find knowledgeable people about this topic, however, you sound like you know what youíre talking about! Thanks
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you need help managing what you are feeling
Hey very nice site!! Man .. Excellent .. Amazing .. I’ll bookmark your website and take the feeds also…I am happy to find a lot of useful information here in the post, we need develop more strategies in this regard, thanks for sharing. . . . . .
Information is power, so the more we know about how do we functiion the better outcome we will get
Way cool! Some utterly authenticated points! I appreciate you writing this proclaim and the ablaze of the website is plus truly good.
I’m glad it helped
Please do not hesitate to contact me in case you need extra help
Hello There. I found your blog using msn. This is a very well written article. I?ll be sure to bookmark it and come back to read more of your useful info. Thanks for the post. I?ll certainly return.
Just wish to say your article is as astounding. The clearness in your post is just nice and i could assume you are an expert on this subject. Well with your permission let me to grab your feed to keep updated with forthcoming post. Thanks a million and please carry on the gratifying work.
I like the helpful info you provide in your articles. I will bookmark your weblog and check again here frequently. I am quite certain I will learn lots of new stuff right here! Good luck for the next!
I just like the helpful info you provide for your articles. I will bookmark your weblog and test once more here frequently. I’m rather sure I will be informed a lot of new stuff right here! Good luck for the next!
If you need any extra help with your anxiety or your emotions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
One thing I’d like to discuss is that fat reduction plan fast can be carried out by the proper diet and exercise. Ones size not just affects the look, but also the actual quality of life. Self-esteem, depression, health risks, and also physical abilities are afflicted in an increase in weight. It is possible to make everything right but still gain. Should this happen, a medical problem may be the culprit. While a lot food rather than enough exercising are usually the culprit, common medical conditions and traditionally used prescriptions could greatly enhance size. I am grateful for your post here.
Thank you Antika.
Yes any health issue can derive into anxiety trigger.
That’s why It is so important to overcome anxiety as soon as you start to feel it before it gets stronger and diminish your overall well-being.